Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let the Stim Begin


Ovaries looked good on ultrasound today. No cysts or anything weird, so tonight we start pumping up my follicles with FSH.

MM was hesitant about the injections at first. The image of having to stick me with a needle to get me pregnant just didn't sit well with him, but he's pretty much over it now.

So far I haven't experienced any side effects from the Lupron. I'm actually feeling more emotionally stable than I have in months, something the whole house is happy about.

I've also noticed my internal monologue around casual encounters with mom's and babies has changed recently. When I see them out for a walk I think, "That's going to be me soon," instead of, "Why can't that be me." I think it's a healthy change. I just hope all this optimism and hope doesn't come crashing down on me if this IVF cycle doesn't work.

5 comments:

*K* said...

sending you the BEST WISHES for this IVF!!! (i have to admit that those bullseye targets make it look like that butt is staring at me... :))

jp said...

Wishing you good things as you start your cycle!!

Jernigan Family said...

Wishing you the best! We are thinking about you!

AJ

Suzanne said...

glad you are feeling upbeat and positive! hope to be rejoicing with you very soon! love you!!

Leah Tomlinson said...

Glad you found me, it'll be nice to keep in touch via the www. Hoping the best for you.