Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Embryos are in!

We did it! Transfer day was great (as far as I can tell). We got to the office just as my acupuncturist was arriving. MM was more nervous last night and this morning than I was. I've actually been remarkably calm all week. I really feel like this is going to work. This is huge coming from me, consistently the more pessimistic one throughout the whole process. Anyway, Laurel gave me a treatment before we met with the Doc to go over the embryologist report. The fertilization rate was a little low (7/12). She thought some of the eggs were probably a little immature. Here's what happened to the 7 that fertilized:

One Grade I that had started compacting (still not sure what that means, but it's a good thing)
One 8 celled Grade II
One 6 celled Grade II
Two 5 celled Grade II
One 4 celled Grade II
One 4 celled grade III

She gave us pictures of the top two performers (the Grade I and the 8 celled Grade II) which she then proceeded to transfer into my uterus. Then Laurel returned for a post-transfer treatment. Pretty amazing. We're freezing the others in case this doesn't work.

As far as I can tell we couldn't have asked for much better. Now the waiting begins! I'm trying to plan some nice treats for myself over the next two weeks. I really hope this calm, positive attitude holds out a little longer. It's nice not to be so anxious. I'll try to post a pic of the little embryos that are not inside of me later. I can't believe we really did it. Big stuff.

9 comments:

Josh and Marcie said...

I am praying for you girl. The not so anxiousness could mean that you have given it to God. I know that is what I am working on. He has ALL control. This is a very exciting month for you and I can't wait to hear. Keep staying positive. I am very impressed!

luna said...

just wanted to wish you luck in the 2ww!

are you still seeing dr. c and did they let your acu come in before and after? or did you go to your acu's office? just curious. ~luna

Suzanne said...

oh jess...chill bumps...i had a vivid DREAM about you last night!!! is that a good sign or what?! it definitely proves that i have been thinking about you non-stop! i'm so glad you are at peace right now and will be praying for that to continue in these next two weeks! wish i were there to take you out and play! xoxo

Erik said...

You did it!!!!!!!! OK, I really hope this will be the quickest, most peaceful 2 weeks of your life. The anticipation is almost too much :) You will be constantly on my mind!
Love you!

CC said...

Luna, to clarify, we decided to go back to my first RE since the protocol was essentially the same (Dr. C actually trained her) she's more local we would go back to her for the IVF. She was very accommodating with the acupuncturist.

Jernigan Family said...

GREAT NEWS!!! I am so excited for you! I hope this next two weeks go by quickly! I will keep sending good thoughts your way!

Drew Custer said...

That is wonderful! I too am glad that you are feeling peaceful right now. Enjoy your treats.
Jamie

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Very exciting- So does that mean you went with 2? Mo

JJ said...

Sending you the best of luck and warm thoughts for the wait!