Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Expect Period Here"

That's what it says on my cycle calendar for today and sure enough--it came. For the first time in 17 months I didn't have to wonder if I was pregnant. I had no hope or expectation for two lines since I've been on birth control pills for the past 4 weeks. Those little pills are amazingly effective, especially if you're infertile anyway.

This period puts us right on track for the ultrasound on Thursday. The goal is "quiet" ovaries with no cysts or dominant follicles that would delay the start of stimulation. If everything checks out OK I'll start the FSH injections on Thursday night. I'm getting excited, and a little nervous. Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting!
Can you go for a walk around the block tonight(Tuesday)?.
I will be down the street with Landen after work, maybe we will walk down to your house. I am so excited for you.

Suzanne said...

yaaaay!!!

Drew Custer said...

I'm glad everything is going as planned. That's wonderful.
Jamie