Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Dance




MM and I visited this amazing gallery in Mendocino when we were there a few weeks ago. We were walking back into town after catching the sunset. It was after six and all the other galleries were closed, but the Wisdom House was open. We had to check it out.

The artist was there, trying to close up I'm sure, but she didn't rush us. The large canvas works were incredible, but decidedly out of my price range. I found some reasonably priced and beautiful cards that combined Shiloh's artwork with the poetry of Alice Walker. I couldn't find the image online for my favorite, but it said simply, "Hard Times Require Furious Dancing". I had to smile.

Maybe this isn't true for everyone, but I've found that good music and dancing is just about the best pick-me-up. When my body is moving with the rhythm I feel connected to the energy of life. I could be at a live concert or home alone in my living room, it doesn't really matter. I can't be sad when I'm dancing.

Maybe Alice was right, what the world needs is more dancing, less suffering.

3 comments:

Erik said...

I love picturing you dancing your cares away :) There's something to that, you know. I love reading and staying close with your thoughts through this process. You are so precious and I hate that your heart is heavy. I'm praying for both you and MM.
Love you,
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Hey, is there a site that you could link on your blog for all of the abbreviations?

I think it would be helpful. :)

Gioietta said...

Anything creative I think helps you express yourself and get the feelings out, out in the world and outside of your inner world. It helps you let go too. In a good way, not like ignoring the problem and feelings it creates.
And I imagine it is very good for your heart, physically just as well as emotionally. Dance away my sweet friend. (My favorite dream, one I had years and years ago, was me waltzing in and out of rooms, stores, streets and piazzas with Gene Kelly at the rhythm and music of "Singing in the Rain" :)
baci, Miriam