Sunday, March 23, 2008

Baby in a Box

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on the last ICSI post. It was helpful to get more perspectives.

In the end I had a conversation with my doc about it and we decided not to do it. She said she was just worried that I might not have very many eggs to work with, but I think we'll be fine. As far as the "rescue ICSI" you all were right. She said there's no proven efficacy, so they don't do it.

In other news, I finally got my box of meds last week which I have lovingly nicknamed my "baby in a box". The whole process was a bit of a saga, but in the end they arrived on time and intact.

I started my Lupron injections this morning. So far I haven't had any hot flashes, mood swings, or short-term memory loss. I'll keep you posted.

My target week for egg harvest and embryo transfer is April 14th. It's coming soon and I'm feeling more and more confident about our decision to go ahead with it. I initially thought I wouldn't make the April cycle, and was thrown off a bit by the sooner-than-anticipated start. I even considered putting it off another month for no particular reason. I just wasn't sure I was "ready", whatever that means. How can you ever be ready for this?

So here we go. I'm expecting a roller coaster. I just hope that I'm exhilarated and smiling at the end, not throwing up and crying.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Wishing you the best of luck!
I have every hope that you will be smiling at the end of it--AND,
it wont be the worst thing if you are throwing up because you are pregnant!

Suzanne said...

gosh woman! i feel your excitement..i have chill bumps on my arms...praying for you everyday! ;) love you!!!

Frenchie said...

Exciting! Good luck!

Daisha said...

Maybe, due to the memory loss, you HAVE had hot flashes and just don't remember them. :)

And I'm with jj... I did a lot more crying and throwing up pregnant.

Good luck.
Daisha

Erik said...

Awesome, Jess. I can't wait to hear how this goes.
Love you so much,
Sonya