Sunday, February 17, 2008

An Omen?

Our time away couldn't have been better. The ocean was beautiful and the weather was sunny with hardly any wind, just like it was supposed to be. It was nice to get totally out of my routine and spend lots of quality time with my man. One day we went beach combing for abalone shells. I'm usually horrible at this kind of thing, but this time I found the most beautiful "baby" abalone shell fully intact. I'm hoping it's a sign of good things to come. Currently I'm 11 days into the wait. I've promised not to pee on a stick until Thursday. I figure with the Provera suppositories my cycle will be longer, so I'm really trying not to get too excited even if I haven't started spotting by then.

If I'm not pregnant this cycle I've decided to blame it on the fact that I ate ice cream at a local creamery while we were away. They had this crazy mushroom ice cream and I had to try it. It tasted more like maple syrup than mushroom. Apparently the flavor comes from candy cap mushrooms that grow in the region--who knew. Anyway, I'm supposed to be avoiding cold/frozen foods since they can drain the kidney yang (I think, or maybe it's just the qui). Don't tell Laurel. I missed my appointment with her and my therapist last week because of our little get away, but it was well worth it.

I'll leave you with a picture of the perfect little abalone shell I found. I hope it brings me good luck this cycle!

4 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Hoping the shell is a good omen too!! I think mushroom ice cream is a good thing- mushrooms are natural right? : ) Can't wait til this coming weekend! Love Mo

luna said...

we like good omens. glad your time away was lovely. that looks a lot like the mendocino coast! good luck in the rest of the wait. ~luna

Frenchie said...

I think a relaxing get-a-way is worth at least TWO acu appointments and a months worth of therapy.

Ice cream, shmice cream. One little indulgence probably did more good than any possible harm.

ann said...

I finally got caught up on all of your blogs this am- it is hard to get this baby boomer mind to think about communicating in this medium, but it is really great, especially when we are seperated by two time zones! Can't wait to hug you and MM in person in March!