Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Report

IUI #3 went smoothly. It was our first one at UCSF, so a few things were different. The biggest differences being 1.) MM had to "produce" there at the clinic due to the timing and distance and 2.) we weren't the only ones there on a Sat AM for IUI. It's a strange feeling to be in a room with other couples who you know are there for the same thing you are. You can't exactly strike up a conversation about it, but a part of me wants to.

We had a little time between specimen production and insemination, so went out for brunch. I planned to have an omelelet (my acupuncturist recommend I eat lots of eggs and seeds during this time--a little weird, but what the heck), unfortunately we accidentally ended up at a vegan restaurant, so eggs were out of the question. It was a good, healthy meal nonetheless.

When we arrived back for the IUI we got the Semen Preparation Report. Our previous clinic would just give us a generic, "looks good" or something, but here we got the full report: volume, motility, progression, total motile count--the works. Everything checked out great and MM was pleased with himself. It's crazy to think that 0.3 mL of washed, spun semen can have 47 million sperm. Surely my stubborn eggs will accept one of them, right?

We left the office feeling pretty good. Now we just wait. I got some new herbs to keep me busy (I feel better when I'm doing something), and am trying to meditate to keep myself a little more sane and less anxious in the wait. All positive thoughts are appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes.

11 comments:

Erik said...

Jessicca!
This is so exciting, you both are in my prayers. I love you :)

-sonya

Grubb Family said...

Good luck Jessicca! We're praying for you.
Rachel Grubb

JJ said...

Great numbers! Hope swimmers meet egg!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for allowing us on your journey. Your excitement and yearning is a grace to share.
g

Anonymous said...

Grace to share!

Josh and Marcie said...

I am praying for you. I know this can bring upon a lot of happiness or a lot of disappointment, so I pray for the happiness. Hang in there and it is good to keep yourself busy!

Jernigan Family said...

J-
We are sending happy egg/sperm thoughts your way! We love you!
Analisa

*K* said...

Justin and I both read your blog, but usually independently of each other. He'd read this one before I got a chance to and was telling me about it the other night before bed. We were chuckling to ourselves about how it is pretty much only in California that you can 'accidentally' find yourself at a vegan restaurant. Even in NYC, one has to plan to go to a vegan place.

We are thinking positive egg thoughts for you.

In other news, we are coming to CA in a couple of weeks, but will only be in the southern part... Too bad the dumb state is so big. We'd love to see you guys :)

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Jess- Sending positive thoughts, energy and prayers your way! Love you!

Frenchie said...

Hey! I'm at UCSF too!

Glad things went well. I'll be checking in during your 2WW.

Hey, who's your acupuncturist??

Suzanne said...

woman! it has been TOO LONG since i've visited your blog (any blog for that matter)...LOVE, PRAYERS, and POSITIVE THOUGHTS are definitely headed your way from texas! love you!!!