Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Addicted to Acupuncture

It's never good when your acupuncturist calls past 9PM.
I've been looking forward to my treatment this week since our IUI on Sat. I even contemplated trying to squeeze in an extra visit this week, then decided that was a little ridiculous. I mean, who even knows if this stuff works, right? So when I got the message that she was getting over a bad stomach flu and needed to reschedule I almost cried. I know I should be more compassionate toward her but all I could think was, "What, this is the most important week for me? I've been diligently taking my herbs, rubbing progesterone cream on my belly nightly, and eating more eggs and seeds than I care to admit. I need my acupuncture." I held it together and called her back to tell her our IUI was Sat. and that it would mean so much to me if she could see me anytime tomorrow. I need the needles. I guess she sensed my desperation, so she's seeing me early tomorrow morning. Thanks Laurel!

2 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Hope you had a realaxing and good acupuncture treatment today!

Gioietta said...

I do know the feeling of "i need this/that for my fertility", the obsession- if you don't mind me using the term- can still creep up on me today. As a matter of fact if I let myself go with all the 'what ifs' I get a little frantic and have to remind myself that some things just are or are not, and beyond my control, and I need to let it be. It is very difficult, when you would do anything, everything for your heart's desire.

I didn't realize you were in the 2ww (well, last part now!) right now. Prayers and hugs always, Miriam