Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Breakup


I need to tell my previous doctor that I'm seeing someone else. It just wasn't working between us. I think she knows her stuff and is totally competent, but her bedside manner is harsh and cold. I also feel like she's too aggressive and doesn't listen. That being said, I don't want to totally burn the bridge. I still may have to have limited professional interaction with her and I guess there's always a possibility I would need to go back to her at some point.

So I have some options. I could just tell her I'm not going to do the IVF cycle in Feb as planned, and that I'll let her know when I'm ready. That would be partly true. But if I gave her honest feedback about the reason I'm leaving it might give her a little wake-up call. Realistically though, she's probably heard it before and isn't going to change much at this point. Anybody else have experience dumping doctors?

1 comment:

JJ said...

We are contemplating this too...no real advice-but I am sure doc's are used to switch-a-roos. Best of luck!