Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Fog


I don't know exactly what changed, but I feel like I've turned a corner, or, to use a geographically appropriate cliche, the fog is lifting.

The past several months have been so full of anxiety, doubt, fear, sadness, and anger, I was beginning to forget what I felt like when I was "normal". Now something is different. I feel more positive and less tearful than I have in months, and I haven't even had my first acupuncture appointment yet. I think part of the cure has been allowing myself to open up and share this burden. Maybe the therapy is starting to pay off too. As a result, I've made a commitment to taking better care of myself, and have started to do it (details on what that entails is a topic for another post). A wise friend said, "The longer you wait, the harder it is (to learn to take care of yourself)." She's in her 50's and is still learning.

I'm very lucky to be around people who care about me and to have such wonderful friends and family (who are farther away than I would like) to support me too. I just want to say thanks, I'm actually doing really well.

3 comments:

khovater said...

Hey Jessica, I so appreciate your willingness to share all of this. It is such a sensitive thing, but your honest about is refreshing! I will be keeping you guys in my prayers

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Jess- I am glad you are feeling better! I like the fog picture. I think you are really going to like accupuncutre. I had it to help induce labor and it was relaxing. I think as nurses we forget to take care of ourselves sometime. Take care of yourself- Love Mo

Jernigan Family said...

Jess:
Your strength astounds me. You are one of the strongest people I know. You will come out on top in some way shape or form. You always have. I loe you and think of you often.
AJ