Friday, August 17, 2007

Ice Cream


I work with a wonderful nutritionist who is currently 24 weeks pregnant. She and her husband tried for over a year before they conceived. She actually went to her appointment with the Reproductive Endocrinologist and had a positive pregnancy test at the visit. I've talked to her about our situation and she's really supportive.

She came to work the other day telling me about a study she read that showed increased pregnancy rates for women who had a diet high in ice cream, cheese, and other high fat diary products and decreased rates for women with diets high in trans fats. What a great study! I've always loved ice cream, and knew in my heart it was good for something. It's nice to have a recommendation from a nutritionist to eat more ice cream and cheese. If and when I get pregnant I'll have to come up with a new excuse.

1 comment:

audra said...

Ice cream... love that!
I visited a cave up in the hills above Vishakapatnam last weekend. They've found human remains there from 50,000 years ago. It's very dark and dripping and full of stalactites. There's a small altar in sheltered spot with a natural lingam that folks pray to, so I added my own prayers for you there.
Now that's GOT to work!
Love you.