Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Infertility Cure


It's a pretty lofty title. I'll let you know how it goes.

The acupuncturist I mentioned earlier, who specializes in women's reproductive health issues, recommended it when I asked for some research on the subject of alternative therapies and success rates with infertility. The author has personal experience with infertility and the introduction is full of women's testimonials praising her work (she's an acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner) and sharing their amazing success stories.

I hope someday soon I'll have a success story too. In the meantime I'm picking up my yoga practice again, starting acupuncture, eating organic as much as possible, and trying to avoid plastics and parabens (a prescription from my acupuncturist). If nothing else I should be good and purified after this whole process.

4 comments:

Daisha said...

what are parabens?
D

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

My question too- I'll google it- Mo

Gioietta said...

Jessicca, I read this book and did acupuncture as well. I loved it and the lady was so helpful. Although I do not know if I conceived thanks to it or not (I had stopped taking femera, an ovulation drug) or what...I do know that it helped me relax in a good way (not as in "just relax and you'll get pg...I hate that)and maybe think about more constructive things about myself. She really helped me that my acupuncturist took into account all my emotions and my view of myself. I so hate you have to go through this. We had some rough years. And I know it isn't anything compared to what others go through much longer and all. I am thinking of you!! The last chapter is good because she tackles even 'unresolved' infertility.

Anonymous said...

Well said.