Thursday, August 7, 2008

X & Y

MM got cold feet about finding out the gender of our little one last night. He didn't feel ready to know that much about our baby. I decided not to fight it, but to let him sleep on it. I was pretty sure he'd come around. It's a good thing he did, because even if we didn't want to know, it would have been hard to miss. Yes, that's right, it's a boy! Complete with all his requisite parts (brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, penis, etc.) in a 9 oz. package. The placenta isn't over my cervix and we saw the blood flow through the perfect 3 vessel cord just as it should. I got a little teary looking at our little boy there on the screen, thinking about him inside of me, and as a little boy in our arms. This will be our last glimpse before delivery (assuming all continues to go smoothly). I can hardly believe it's almost half over! I'm so, so happy and humbled by the whole experience.

7 comments:

Josh and Marcie said...

Congrats Jess! I am very happy for the both of you. You have worked very hard to get this joy. What a blessed little boy!

Suzanne said...

oh jess....that is awesome! congratulations! i think about you all the time. SO glad to hear everything is going well! can't wait to hug your neck next month!!!

Rebekah Teller said...

With our boy, we were really glad to know the gender ahead of time. I had started feeling kicks just before the ultrasound. And, it starts to feel much more like a little person in there. It's nice to be able to say "He's kicking" or "He's really excited!" rather than using "it".

bb said...

Woo Hoo for a great scan and congrats on your little boy!!!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

So excited for you guys! We just love our little boy! So far not too much different than when we had Hannah. I know over time he will develop his own personality. I'll be posting my birth story soon. : ) Mo

Drew Custer said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. I am having a little boy in Nov. so they won't be too far apart in age. It really is the most amazing and like you said humbling experience to see them moving around on that screen and then to have them in your arms. I am so thankful for you guys. Any names yet? I still don't have a clue about one for our little guy. God bless you guys.
Jamie

Erik said...

You are going to be a wonderful Mother to this very special little BOY! So excited for you guys!
Love you,
S