Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Anniversary

This has to be one of the most wanted and planned pregnancies ever. I guess that's why I was surprised last week when I started feeling a little sadness and loss about the change that is coming.

MM and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I feel like we're at a really good place in our relationship, and I'm getting a little nervous about how things are going to change when our baby boy is born. I know this is a natural part of the process, and that even though things will change, it doesn't mean our relationship as we know it is over. I'm trying to stop judging my feelings and accept them for what they are. I realize our time as a family of 2 isn't going to last much longer, so we're enjoying it while we can.

We spent our anniversary weekend at at B&B on the coast--just the getaway we needed. I hope we get a few more mini-vacations in before the baby comes. The place was beautiful. There was even a wedding in the garden the afternoon we arrived. It was perfect. The seals cooperated too. I could sit and watch them for hours. They're hilarious.

2 comments:

bb said...

Your getaway looks fabulous!!! I am so jealous.

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Congrats on 8 years!