Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hormone Free

This cycle was the first one in the past 4 months that was free from synthetic hormones (no Clomid!). If you were around me during the Clomid days you know that for about a week around my period I went a little crazy. At the time I denied the effects of the meds. I thought it was just me reacting to stress and disappointment (I tend to be overly emotional anyway--especially premenstrually). Now that I've had a cycle without intervention to compare it to, I can see that the Clomid was definitely a factor. I know my poor husband and parents were worried about me. I cried uncontrollably. I would call my folks and end up hanging up because I couldn't talk between the sobs. My husband would come home to his wife laying in the middle of the living room floor listening to sad music, tears streaming. Yes, it was bad.

These days I'm feeling much more stable and the tears are less frequent. I still got a little weepy when one of my co-workers (who is my age with 3 adorable kids) asked me if I wanted to have kids, but I was able to talk to her about it and recovered quite nicely. I guess when you wait seven years people start to think maybe you don't want kids, when actually I am trying everything to have them.

2 comments:

Daisha said...

You're just 27. Lots of people don't even consider having kids till their 30's. You've got time. :)

I had to wait years for a husband. (which you got quickly and young)

It's the waiting that sucks...
D

Josh and Marcie said...

I have been going through the same thing Jess for the last 3 1/2 years. If you EVER need to talk, please let me know. Josh and I are going through the process of adoption now because after 3 miscarriages and doses of clomid, we decided that was enough. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep the faith. Once you go through it and look back, you will realize the amazing strength God gave you through it all.