Sunday, November 30, 2008

Breathing Easy

With 35 weeks right around the corner (tomorrow in fact), I'm much more relaxed and have let myself get out and enjoy this beautiful time in life a little more.

We had guests in for the Thanksgiving holiday--our house-mate's family. We enjoyed having some pseudo-family around, but didn't feel much pressure around entertaining. The ten of us (8 adults and 2 kids) went to some local vineyards for the Holiday Open House to check out the fall colors and sample some fun food and wine pairings (don't worry, I was a designated driver). The next day we hit the beach.




It's nice to be out in the world again after so many weeks around the house. People are really sweet (for the most part). I do get some of the, "You need to eat more," when people find out when I'm due. I'm always torn between smiling and nodding and telling them, "Actually I have gestational diabetes and am following a strict diet, but thanks for your concern."

It's really hitting me these past few weeks that this is something I may never get to experience again. I know I've said it before, but I'm so thankful for this pregnancy and the little boy that is rowing inside.

4 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

So glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving! You look just perfect in your little hat by the surf board. I am not sure what is worse at the end of your pregnancy-hearing "you should eat more" or "are you expecting twins" Just smile and nod- : ) At least that's what I did.

2roads said...

Congrats! 35 weeks puts you safely out of the scary zone! So happy you are relaxing and enjoying these final days or weeks. You look fantastic!
A lot to be thankful for this year!

Leah Tomlinson said...

Praise God for 35 weeks and a healthy boy on the way!!! What a blessing and definitely a time in your life that will equal no other. Enjoy the remaining weeks of pregancy and prepare for the blessing of a life time.

JJ said...

You look fabulous! Love that picture of you=) And yay for 35 weeks--you are almost there my dear!