Thursday, November 6, 2008

Food for a day

I know you're just dying to know what I'm eating these days. Listed below is my 24 hour recall from yesterday, my first official day with GDM.
Here's the run-down:

Breakfast: 2 slices of bacon, 1 oz. cheese, 1/2 avacado (3 protein, 1 fat)

Snack I: 1 oz cheese (1 protein)

Lunch: 2 oz grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato--the inside of a grilled chicken sandwich (2 protein, 2 veggies)

Snack II: 1/4 c cashews (1 fat)

Snack III: raw carrots, 2 Tbs. peanut butter, 1 oz. cheese (3 protein, 1 veggie)

Dinner: spinach salad with cheese, dried cranberries, & sunflower seeds, small serving lasagna (2 veggies, 2 protein, 1 fruit, 2 starch)

Dessert: pumpkin pie (small slice) with 2 Tbs. real whipped cream--I only made it with 1/2 the sugar (2 fat, 2 sweet/carb)

Daily Total: Protein-11, Fat-4, Starch-2, Veggie-5, Fruit-1, Sweets-2

I think the nutritionist would be proud. My blood sugars were all under 101. This isn't necessarily the perfect diet for everyone with GDM, but I'm not supposed to worry about calories, so I can eat all the fat and protein my body can handle. Oh, and when it says cheese, I do try to mix it up and not always eat the same kind of cheese, but your right Mo, I do love cheese :).

4 comments:

Fiddle1 said...

I am very interested in this, and I have to give you a shout out for how well you did! That is amazing. It doesn't seem like a whole lot of food to me. but I guess the grazing keeps you full. Did the nutritionist say that complex carbs are also a no-no? I've read conflicing messages on this. Keep up the good work!!!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Your diet actually sounds very yummy!

2roads said...

You are a trooper! Very interesting to see what your daily menu is like. I wish you could've dodged the GD bullet. Keep up the good work! I admire how disciplined you need to be. Hang in there.

Jen said...

I landed on your blog by chance while surfing the web (my job is horribly boring) and wanted to share my story. My waters broke with a very small leak (confirmed by FFN test) at 19 1/2 weeks and I was contracting regularly. At the hospital they told me we were going to have the baby that night, and of course, no chance for survival.

I'm happy to report that after 4 days in the hospital, 3 months of bed rest, regular contractions (controlled with Procardia), and fluid levels never below normal, I gave birth naturally to a beautiful, healthy, baby girl five days before my due date. During our ordeal we were even advised to terminate.

Like you, my cervix never changed through all the contractions. We were given a 10% chance of having a healthy baby. My doc thinks (no one knows) it was a high leak that healed over.

Hang in there! I remember at one point setting a goal for my pregnancy at 28 weeks - I didn't think for even one second we'd make it to over 39. You're in my thoughts.