Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Needs

I'm finally starting to think this whole thing might really work out now that I'm over the 32 week hump. Until the past few days, I hadn't felt much of a sense of urgency about preparing for the little guy. What do babies really need anyway? Mostly boobs and diapers from what I can tell. I actually started leaking some colostrum last week, so it looks like all systems are go on the first count. As far as the diapers, thanks to the generous gift of several friends, we're pretty much all fixed up with our cloth diapering goodies as well.

I think that's one of the best things about this process, experiencing the love and generosity of our community. We've already been given more than we even need. It's really amazing. It feels good to bring this baby into a place where he is so loved. To me, that's just as important as boobs and diapers.

3 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Sounds like you have it covered. : ) Boobs, diapers and lots of lovin will get you a long way.

Amanda Moore said...

I can't believe only 48 days!!!!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

OK Jess- I need a progress report -: ) Mo