Sunday, December 7, 2008

No Stops


I've officially reached the point where no one will try and stop me if my body decides to go into labor! It's pretty crazy to think how close to delivery we are.

The hand-me-down bassinet arrived this weekend, the car seat is in the car (though not properly installed), and diapers are in the washer. Our oven is out, so I'm not cooking and freezing like I had planned, but otherwise I think we're on track.

I have had a few emotional moments the past few days reflecting on where we've been and where we are. We went to get our Christmas tree the other day (I love a real tree in the house). MM and I were decorating it and listening to Christmas music last night. It was a beautiful, quiet night and I just started crying one of those wonderful happy cries. I was thinking about all the Christmases we have shared over the past 8 years together, the happy ones and the sad ones, and looking forward to sharing this tradition with our son for many years to come. It still seems too good to be true sometimes.

7 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

I'm so excited at how close you guys are getting! Love you both...I mean all 3 of you :)

Brett

bb said...

WooHoo! You made it! I hope the season is wonderful and your tree is gorgeous!

Fiddle1 said...

Well, you've gone and done it! You've inspired me to get a tree up this year. What a beautiful post and tree! I was going to avoid it, much to my husband's disappointment. But now I have to have one. I'm so happy for you. I know what you mean..it is surreal how close we are to meeting our children!

Amanda Moore said...

Wow! Eight years of Christmas, what a perfect gift to two of my favorite people in the world. Love you and love my new nephew!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

I am getting tears in my eyes too!

Robert and Kelli said...

Hi Jessica- not sure how I came across your blog, but I just wanted to say congratulations and that I'll be praying for a smooth labor and delivery for you! How exciting!

-Kelli Isaac

Robert and Kelli said...

I left CA a few years ago and moved to the DC area where my husband was doing his residency. Now we live in Dallas. We get back to CA a few times a year, though, to see family.

Hope you have a great week!