Friday, December 19, 2008

Still Here

Just wanted to say I'm still here and still pregnant. We've been pretty busy lately. Not so much with baby preparations, but taking care of family stuff. My father-in-law arrived with his wife and her daughter a week ago. He was very sick when he arrived (after a 15 + hour flight from China), and was admitted to the hospital for the next 6 days. Thankfully, he is recovering well and is now home with us for the next few days until he's able to travel to his final destination in Arkansas for the holidays.

In other news, I am still having contractions daily, but nothing regular. They seem to be worse at night and in the early morning. I've still been able to control my diabetes with my diet alone with one exception--I had a little binge the other night. Some friends brought over homemade cookies and fudge for our housemate. It was just too tempting. I had 3 cookies and 2 pieces of fudge. My blood sugar was almost 160 afterward. I apologized to the baby and vowed to do better. It's hard sometimes.

Things are pretty much in place for labor and delivery. I will pick up the AquaDoula on Monday when I'm 38 weeks, so I can labor comfortably (is that really possible?) at home and there's room for MM to join me in the tub if needed.

I had a great episode of "pregnant brain" earlier this week. A friend brought dinner over with some grapefruit to have for dessert. When it came time to cut them up and serve them we could only find one of the two. We blamed it on Sadie (the 16 month old cutie), but later found it in the upper cabinet with the glasses. Yes, I put the grapefruit away with the glasses. Classic.

The time is really getting short and I am realizing more and more that my time "alone" is limited. I'm so excited, and of course a little nervous. I know my life will change. It's just a matter of time now.

5 comments:

Josh and Marcie said...

I can't wait to hear more news. I am beyond happy for you. What a blessing!

Amanda Moore said...

Ha ha. Love the grapefruit episode. Sadie would do that, though. Love you.

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

So glad you sent updates- hopefully Falcon will come in time for a tax break. What a great way to bring in the new year- or the first of the year. ; ) LOL about the grapefruit! Poor Sadie. Glad father in law is doing better.

Fiddle1 said...

I so relate to the realization that "time alone" is slipping away fast! This whole weekend I kept thinking its the last weekend just G and myself! I wish you all the peace and strength in the upcoming weeks! I'm so glad you get to have the birth you wanted..how exciting to use the water tub! You have been so disciplined with your G. diabetes, I admire that!

Erik said...

Ha Ha, I love pregnant brain stories! I was just wondering about you this morning, so thanks for the update. You're so close!

love and miss you,
Sonya