Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scared

Yesterday morning I woke up with a scare--bright red blood. Not a ton, but enough to cause a little freak out. I pulled it together enough to call my midwife who told me to come in right away. I was off work (day after my b-day) and planned to spend a fun day with MM and his dad who is visiting from China. Plans changed.

We left dad at home and went to the clinic to try and find out why I was bleeding. My midwife was great. She said bleeding is never good, but she bled for a month with her 3rd child--heavy--and everything turned out OK. So although she always takes it seriously, she's not quite as scared about it as she used to be.

The little one was still squirming around inside on ultrasound, heart beating and everything. My cervix was closed and long, but the bleeding was definitely coming from there. She said it looked like part of the placenta may have separated from the wall of my uterus. There's nothing to do but wait. She told me to take it easy for a few days and come back if the bleeding gets worse. So far I'm not having any cramping, I'm just laying around at home trying to convince this little baby to stick around. I was just starting to let myself be really excited now that I'm 14 weeks. I don't know what I would do if we lost this child. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's scary. We're just waiting--again.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

positive thoughts woman! sending you TONS of love from texas and lots of prayers for that sweet little one! love you...

Josh and Marcie said...

I am thinking about you and saying a prayer for you those moment. You just keep it easy and don't over do. It is great news your little one is still happy in there. Sending you lots of love and prayers.

Fiddle1 said...

I am sure it is very scary. Just wanted you to know I'm sending every hope, every positive thought, every prayer, your way. Hoping things mend themselves soon and give you the sweet relief you need.

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Jess- my heart was in my throat for a minute- thinking of you and praying for you too. Hope all bleeding has stopped! Very scary indeed. Glad you have such a great midwife. Hey Midwives are now offically legal in MO!! : ) Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

bb said...

Hope all is well with you and your baby. Good luck!

I Believe in Miracles said...

came over from L&F... wishing you all the best and lots of prayers. I can't even imagine what your going through, but I pray your little spot stays inside, healthy and well.
*BIG hug*

Tracy said...

My placenta seperated at right around 12 weeks, and I started bleeding. I had a 4cm tear, and was scared out of my mind (as I imagine you are right now...)

The doctor put me out of work for a week, I rested, and the bleeding stopped. I went back to work, and it started again. I've been off work ever since.

I did bleed until right around 18 weeks, when it went away as quickly as it came. I had weekly US's and eventually one of them confirmed that the tear had calcified and healed itself (like 90% of them do, according to my doctor.)

Things have been fine ever since. It was the scariest 6 weeks of my life. I felt like I was holding my breath all of the time, and like at any moment my world was going to come crashing down. But we made it through, and I bet you will too.

Hang in there...

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending my best wishes from Santa Clarita and L&F Connections. So wish you didn't have to go through this worry.

Anonymous said...

Postive thoughts! And hugs.

Drew Custer said...

I will pray.
Jamie

emily said...

We are praying!
Chad and Emily