Thursday, June 19, 2008

Failed


I can hardly believe it. I had to do the screening for Gestational Diabetes in my first trimester since my dad has diabetes. I wasn't to worried about it. I'm pretty conscious about healthy eating, I'm active, and not overweight. Nothing to worry about. Then I got the results--failed. The cutoff is 135, my blood sugar was 143 an hour after drinking the glucola. It doesn't mean I have Gestational Diabetes, but I have to take the extended 3 hour test with 4 blood draws. Fun, fun. 

I had been pretty much sailing through this pregnancy thing. This is my first real bump in the road. It's not the end of the world, and completely manageable I know, it's just that this wasn't even on my worry list, and here it is. I'll do the fasting 3 hour test tomorrow. Vamos a ver.

1 comment:

Gioietta said...

I failed that one too, and the nurse told me that it is 'easy' to fail (? not sure what that means exactly). I passed the three hour one! And I didn't even know how worried I was supposed to be :)